envelop

It's an election time again a time to choose a person
to handle the governance of our barangay.
Since it’s a barangay election it sounds to me a peaceful one
since most of the candidate are already familiar to us.
But the night before the election as I watched a movie around 11pm there were 3 guys knocking on our gate since we don’t have doorbell. And only me and my
father awaked I opened the window and watched as my father approached them.
One of the guy approached my father don't have an upper shirt
and carrying a gun and it really alarmed me.
So I turn down the volume of the TV to be able to hear there conversation.
Then of course as what we can expect vote buying happened,
then my father refused the offer but they insist and they even said
"just to keep away from trouble we better take it" and that moment
I really don’t know what to do, maybe because they were
armed.
Then after my father took the envelop they were gone.
As I was so alarmed by the situation I immediately
took the envelop and look directly inside on it,
to my surprised it contained 3 names of a candidate
and an amount of 30 pesos, I was stunned a moment
and I don’t know my reaction, I want to laugh and call
those guys again and gave them 1,000 each and tell them
to stay home with there family.
My father took the risk for 30 pesos What the !!!
At the end of the election we did not vote any of the
names on the envelop.

Comments