Between you and Me

Sorrow is a lonely feeling unsettled is a painful place.
I've lived with both for far too long now since we've parted ways.
I've been wrestling with my conscience and I found myself to blame..
If there's to be any resolution I've got to peel my pride away.
If confession is the road to healing forgiveness is the promised land
I'm reaching out in my conviction I'm longing to make amends.
So, I'm sorry for the words I've spoken for I've betrayed a friend.
We have a love that's worth preserving and a bond I will defend.
Just between you and me I've got somethin' to say wanna get it straight before the sun goes down.
Just between you and me confession needs to be made and recompense is my way to freedom now.
In my pursuit of God I thirst for holiness as I approach the son I must consider this.
Offenses unresolved they'll keep me from the throne before I go to him my wrong must be atoned.
Just between you and me I've got something to say.
dctalk

Comments